The Society seeks to protect what is good, to improve those things that fall short and to enhance our community wherever possible.
Felpham is a beautiful West Sussex seaside village bordering the town of Bognor Regis and close to Chichester, Arundel, Littlehampton and the South Downs. It has a long history and was recorded in the Doomsday Book in 1086 as 'Felcheham'. The village is perhaps best known as the former home of William Blake who, during his few years here, wrote his epic poem ‘Milton’ - best known as providing the words to ‘Jerusalem’.
The Village Conservation Society was formed in 1980. In 1985 it was instrumental in the creation of the Felpham Conservation Area – the heart of the village. Today the Society is flourishing and exists to conserve the historical, cultural and aesthetic significance of our built and natural environment.
We are nonpolitical and inclusive, having an open membership to every householder living within the Parish, and those from without, who use and value our facilities and our environment.